(pic from Flickr user Annie Mole)
Did you enjoy the game last night? I was bored to tears for most of it....'til the big almost come back from S.F. I do love a good comeback story so I was really cheering for the niners. So it goes.
I read a fairly steady stream of negative comments from friends on facebook about the quality of the commercials this year. "They just aren't funny this year" popped up over and over. Well, maybe my humor is a little off, but I thought the Taco Bell commercial with the folks coming out of the retirement home to go out and get crazy was pretty fun! And there may have been a tear in my eye with the Budweiser clydesdale commercial and the Dodge spot about The Farmer. And I saw that the GoDaddy commercial with the hot chick kissing 'the nerd' had to have 65 takes. That guy must have been in heaven!
The power outtage was hilarious! Didn't see that coming. Although I was hoping the huge stadium of people would step up to fix the problem. Seems to me if they had all just held their cell phones up we could have made it through the rest of the game no problem.
And now it's the day after.....and the country is minus 6% of it's workforce. One of the biggest 'call in sick' days of the year. I heard last week about the petition to get the government to view this day as a floating American holiday. I AM IN!!!! But....until that happens....the other 94% of us will just have to power through our hangovers today......(sigh)....