95.5 GLO wants to reach out to our friends and family who have been affected by Hurricane Sandy so we have teamed up with Lifeline Pilots to bring necessary items to those affected. Lifeline Pilots is a volunteer organization made up of pilots who help out disaster victims by flying over packs of items that will help them rebuild their lives. Volunteer pilots will be leaving from Peoria next week to deliver items, so help us pack those planes! Here's what they need:
· Hand & Foot Warmers! Please!
· Work Gloves
· Outdoor Extension Cords
· Small electric heaters
· Large space heaters
· inflatable mattresses
· Heavy Duty Garbage Bags
· Dust Masks and N95 Particulate Filtering Faceplate Respirator
· Kids Backpacks (binders, pens, pencils, notebooks, erasers, crayons, paper, colored pencils for back to school)
· Activity Books & Crayons
· Start-up Kits (Bath towels, wash cloths, hand towels, pot holders, tooth brush, tooth paste, deodorant, bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, plastic cups, plates, bowls, kitchen towels, sponges, dish soap, silverware set, spatula, sheets, pillows, blankets, pans, toaster, coffee pot, skillets, sauce pan, can opener, air freshener (non-aerosol), laundry soap, etc.
· Laundry baskets or bags to put the above items in.
Items may be dropped off at the following locations THIS WEEK ONLY:
120 Eaton St.
Tuesday -Thursday noon to 5pm
(There will be a donation box in the lobby by the front desk)
Byerly Terminal, Suite 302 Greater Peoria Regional Airport
Tuesday - Thursday 9am to 9pm and Friday 9am to 4pm (final deadline for donations)
If you have any questions, please contact Shelly Livengood at LifeLine Pilots (309) 369-1559
Thank you in advance from Lifeline Pilots and 95.5 GLO!